[Zope3-dev] Twisted framework refactored

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@adelphia.net
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 12:01:21 -0400

Somewhat mixed implications from the Twisted Framework's
http://twistedmatrix.com/ latest code refactoring. Based the Freshmeat
entry, I was hopeful that a collaboration was nearing for the two
projects, to minimize duplication of effort for the plethora of
protocols twisted supports, but Zope's app server framework could make
ready use of. The changelog's perspective is somewhat different,
however.

>From the Freshmeat update:
Changes: NNTP support and a news server framework have been added. HTTP
1.1 now supports persistent and pipelined connections. Major extensions
have been added to the Web framework. The configuration system has been
refactored to use a Zope3-style component architecture (adapters and
interfaces).

>From the Twisted changelog:
* Major changes to the capabilities of the static web server, in an
attempt to be able to use Twisted instead of Zope at work; my plan is to
capture many of the conveniences of Zope without the implicitness and
complexity that comes with working around implicit behavior when it
fails.