[Zope3-dev] Event module as a file system service--ick?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:06:16 +0100

Gary Poster wrote:

> To be honest, I don't like this facade much, and I'm personally happy to get
> rid of it.  Does anyone mind too much?  Is there a really good reason for
> this?  I think the Event Service should always be obtained by the
> ComponentArchitecture, if possible.

I think I wrote that code :-S

IIRC, it was just the standard idiom for services back when the code was
written, if the standard idom has chaneged since then, then yes, by all means
change it.

However, I should point out that the module _does_ currently implement
IEventService, why would you want to make it _not_ implement IEventService?

As to how you get hold of it, yeah, the CA is the 'right' way, but I'm not sure
what that has to do with the module implementing the service rather than a
class...

cheers,

Chris