[Zope3-dev] Twisted/Zope3 vs. ZCML

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted@itamarst.org
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:48:28 +0300

Hi all,

I'm updating my Zope3-running-on-twisted-HTTP-server code. Unfortunately,
I'm kinda stuck cause of ZCML. I've gotten to the point where I can serve
DefaultPublication - that works fine.

Now, I want to hook to whatever publication Zope3 uses for real use, and
serve off of Data.fs with that, like I did previously. However, Server has
been refactored to use ZCML, and it is not at all obvious how I'm supposed
to hook into this, since my API is rather different than Zope3 servers.

Basically, all I need is to get a publication object. That's it. And ZCML
makes it a pain in the ass to do what last time was much simpler.

I end up commenting out all of startup.zcml and loading up the FileStorage
etc. by hand, which is probably not a good thing. Any suggestions on how to
integrate with ZCML so I can do this the correct way?