[Zope3-dev] Twisted and Component Architecture

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted@itamarst.org
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:23:46 +0300

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Hm. I don't remember if there's any important reason why the Interface
> and ComponentArchitecture packages depend on python 2.2.

The Interface base class is object, which is in 2.2 only. I haven't looked
closely to see if any 2.2 features other than that are used. And yes,
support for older versions of Python and standalone distribution would be nice.

> Inconsistent? With what? Tuples and interfaces are allowed so that:

Oh well - you already have more code so I'll just use your syntax.

> Let us know what you want to do and we'll be willing to port the
> software back.

Meanwhile Twisted just uses Adapters. From the Interface support, basically
just __implements__ and a method for checking if an object implements an
interface.