[Zope3-dev] schema initial documentation

Craeg K Strong cstrong@arielpartners.com
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:48:20 -0400

Hello:

I have been following this discussion with interest and would have
posted sooner but
our email server was dead :-(       I am keenly interested
in the sort of metamodeling issues you are discussing.   My question is
this: will the
metamodel be reified?  That is, will it be captured as actual code and
classes such that models
could be generated automatically from it?    This is Goodness for many
reasons
(which we can get into in case it is not obvious to everybody).

I wanted to ask the question because it is a pain dealing with tools and
technologies that
do not think out their metamodel before hand and must retrofit later.
UML comes immediately to mind,
for example.

--Craeg