[Zope3-dev] Need help with JobBoardEx

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:39:39 -0400

I can't get the job board example to run any more.

Its unit tests run, but htey are pathetic.  When I try to start z3.py
with a config file pointing to the job board, however, I get a
horribly long traceback that suggests something has changed.  But I
haven't been paying attention and I have no idea how to fix it.  Can
someone help me?

In my top-level products.zcml I've added this:

  <include package='ZopeProducts.JobBoardEx' />

Here's the traceback I get:

  [guido@pcp02138704pcs zzz]$ python z3.py
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "z3.py", line 63, in ?
      run()
    File "z3.py", line 49, in run
      XMLConfig(os.path.join(dir, 'site.zcml'))()
    File "/home/guido/projects/zzz/lib/python/Zope/Configuration/xmlconfig.py", line 313, in __call__
      self.organize()
    File "/home/guido/projects/zzz/lib/python/Zope/Configuration/xmlconfig.py", line 354, in organize
      callable(*args, **kw)
    File "/home/guido/projects/zzz/lib/python/Zope/App/ContentDirective/ContentDirective.py", line 163, in provideClass
      getService(None, 'Factories').provideFactory(id, factory)
    File "/home/guido/projects/zzz/lib/python/Zope/ComponentArchitecture/GlobalFactoryService.py", line 38, in provideFactory
      verifyObject(IFactory, factory)
    File "/home/guido/projects/zzz/lib/python/Interface/Verify.py", line 72, in verifyObject
      return _verify(iface, candidate, tentative, vtype='o')
    File "/home/guido/projects/zzz/lib/python/Interface/Verify.py", line 48, in _verify
      raise BrokenImplementation(iface, n)
  Zope.Configuration.xmlconfig.ConfigurationExecutionError: File "/home/guido/projects/zzz/lib/python/ZopeProducts/JobBoardEx/configure.zcml", line 7, column 62

  BrokenImplementation: An object has failed to implement interface <Interface Zope.ComponentArchitecture.IFactory.IFactory at 404cb0cc>

	  The __call__ attribute was not provided.

  [guido@pcp02138704pcs zzz]$

Any clues?