[Zope3-dev] ObjectHub Event names proposal

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 02:30:01 +0000 (UTC)

Gary Poster  <gary@modernsongs.com> wrote:
> I'll mention one bright side, though, in closing.  The type of code
> we're talking about here will usually be in the "notify" method of an
> object that has registered itself as a subscriber *for a certain event
> type* (see Zope.Event.ISubscribable.subscribe, for part of this), so
> conditional checking of this sort may not be regularly necessary in your
> own code.  It might only be subscribed for the particular event type it
> cares about anyway!

Speaking of which...
If I'm subscribed to MoveEvent and AddEvent, and that MoveEvent
inherits from AddEvent, and that a MoveEvent is generated, do I
correctly get notified of the MoveEvent? Or the AddEvent? Or both?
The most specific class makes more sense to me, but I had to ask...

Florent