[Zope3-dev] Where should database adapters live?

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 05:29:42 -0400

> We're trying to produce a Gadfly database adapter for Zope3.

Very cool.

> While
> trying to write unit tests for it we came across a question---where
> should the DAs live?  We assume they are packages, and they live in
> package Zope in PYTHONPATH on a live Zope instance and in the
> cvs.zope.org/cvs-repository/Packages3.  Right?

Yes, they should go into Packages3 in CVS. There is a convention for Zope 3=
=20
that additional Zope Products should be in a directory called=20
Zope3/lib/python/ZopeProducts; most poeple link their product into this=20
directory then.

However, here is another thought. We want to ship Zope 3 with one RDB as=20
default as Zope 2 does, and naturally that is Gadfly. Therefore I would not=
=20
mind, if you put the Gadfly code into=20
/Zope3/lib/python/Zope/App/RDB/GadflyDA.

Thanks for your efforts.

Regards,
Stephan
=2D-=20