[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 needs pyexpat?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:53:46 -0400

Chris Withers writes:
 > Am I correct in assuming that Zope 3 will requier expat's services?

Zope 3 uses Expat to parse ZCML, via the standard SAX interfaces.

 > If so, then would it be out of line to suggest we really need to
 > sort out this expat mess if Zope 3 is to succeed?

I just summarized the situation and version information in another
message; please let me know if you think that's not sufficient.  I
suspect there's almost no chance of any problem by the time Zope 3 is
ready for production use so long as the versions of the dependencies
are not too old.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>