[Zope3-dev] RDB Type Conversion

Albertas Agejevas alga@codeworks.lt
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:22:51 +0200

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

Hi,

We've just commited our first type conversion infrastructure
interfaces + implementation.  Could you take a look at it and say if
it's OK?

Generally, type converters are database adapter specific, so
IDBITypeInfo are implemented in the DA (we made IZopeDatabaseAdapter
inherit from IDBITypeInfo).  The actual type conversion happens in
ZopeCursor.  There is some glue code in ZopeConnection to connect the
cursor with the adapter's type converters.

We replaced IFieldTypeConverter by a single method in IDBITypeInfo
because we believe it was overengineered and not very useful.

Albertas
--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT--