[Zope3-dev] RFC: WritingInterfaceTests

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:19:56 -0400 (EDT)

I have written a document to address PR 69 in the z3 collector, which
is to write a chapter for the style guide on writing Interface
based unit tests.

	http://http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/WritingInterfaceTests

I've deleted the comments I've incorporated into the text, but there
are still some items that might need further discussion.  The biggest
one is, should we suggest the use of a formal Interface to document
what the Interface unit test class requires of the concrete
class that uses it as a mixin?  My vote is yes, but I have not yet
edited the document to reflect that because I have a vauge memory
that this has been suggested before and met with some dissaproval.

Comments welcome.  If I don't get any more feedback, I'm going to rewrite
it to suggest using a formal Interface, and link it from the style guide.

--RDM