[Zope3-dev] some ZODB tests are failing

Albertas Agejevas alga@codeworks.lt
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:43:51 +0200

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 06:53:16PM -0500, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> I've recently ported some ZODB tests from ZODB3 to ZODB4, where they
> are failing.  I had hoped to figure out the problem tonight, but it's
> a stumper.  I hope to spend some quality time with Barry tomorrow and
> figure out what is happening.
>
> So don't worry too much about failures related to pack in Zope3 tonight.

I feel it's wrong.  An important aspect of having a unit test suite is
to let people tickle their pleasure centers whenever they like, to let
them make sure it's all OK.

On the other side, I feel that having failing tests makes slipping in
code which makes more tests fail is much simpler.

My suggestion is that such temporarily failing tests either should not
be checked in, or have to be excluded from the test suite (e.g. by
commenting them out or renaming them from testFoo to dontTestFoo)
until fixed.  What do you guys think?

Albertas