[Zope3-dev] RE: [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/lib/python/Zope/TextIndex - TextIndexInterfaces.py:1.3 TextIndexWrapper.py:1.3

Gary Poster gary@modernsongs.com
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:09:02 -0500

+class IStatistics(Interface):
+
+    def documentCount():
+        """Return the number of documents currently indexed."""
+
+    def wordCount():
+        """Return the number of words currently indexed."""

Hey.  I assume documentCount is a part of the same interface as
wordCount because TextIndex goes in the Zope directory and all the other
index stuff goes in the App/index directory (lower in the tree), but...

FWIW, documentCount does seem like a more generically useful statistic
for an index than wordCount, and it seems like it might be nice to
factor out.  Somewhere.  ;-)

Also, you're the best person to answer this in the universe, I imagine,
so out of curiosity, why aren't these attributes in the interface and
implemented as Python 2.2 properties?

Gary