[Zope3-dev] RE: [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/lib/python/Zope/TextIndex - TextIndexInterfaces.py:1.3 TextIndexWrapper.py:1.3

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 14:58:50 -0500

Gary Poster wrote:
> Hm.  That's a reasonable and practical stylistic convention, but one
> I've been on the fence about in my own thoughts.  At first blush it
> seems it would be a hard line to draw sometimes.
>
> In any case, (on a quick search) I don't see this in the Python or Zope
> style guides.  Is it worth mentioning one of those places, or does it
> fall somewhere closer to "common sense" than "style"?

FWIW, my preference is that we use attributes only for things that are
both readable and writable.  Attributes are better than getter and
setter methods, but only if the getter and setter are part of the same
interface.

Shane