[Zope3-dev] Sprintathon diary

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 12:33:16 +0000

> I'm worried that this might make the index a bit too smart and high-level, but
> I haven't looked at the code yet either. How would this work if you were
> intersecting a text search with a set from another non-text index (like a
> date range) or sorting using another index? Or maybe you're not thinking
> about that yet...

I thought a lot about this when working out the QueryService
architecture before the Sprintathon.

You can do exactly what you describe.

The use-case we have been bearing in mind is of a text search where you
also constrain the results by keyword.

I'll write up documentation on this after the Sprintathon.

> Thanks for the great report. I've been knee deep back home on ZCatalog and its
> nice to see the next generation shaping up. OTOH nobody can tell me that
> ZCatalog is complicated (in code or ui) compared to this (well, you can but I
> won't believe you ;^)...

My medium-term goal is for assembling indexes and query processors to be
  at least as straightforward as using the ZCatalog.

I expect to be working with UI folks such as Alexander Limi to achieve this.

--
Steve Alexander