[Zope3-dev] Zope3 LifeCycle Events

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 23:57:35 -0500

[snip]
>=20
>   * ZopeRefreshEvent: Is publish when the modules should be reloaded
>     This could help to implement some equivalent to Refresh in Z2
>=20

I would rather focus on making the full restart as fast as possible. Refr=
esh=20
seems like a good idea until you waste a few hours tracking down "bugs" t=
hat=20
are side effects of refresh not quite working correctly. Unfortunately I=20
think the flaws in refresh are more limitations in Python's import machin=
ery=20
then anything.

TTW modules may alleviate these problems, I don't know (hands wave in air=
=2E..)

-1 on refresh for me.

-Casey