[Zope3-dev] Excessive long traceback info in TALES

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:10:29 -0500

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> BTW, Python 2.2 and later have a module "cgitb" which formats a
> traceback in a nice way.  Using it is as simple as calling
> cgitb.html(sys.info()).

That's good to know.

> Maybe this could be used to replace the current sub-optimal traceback
> (with no source code) that gets displayed?

The traceback includes the filename and position of errors in page
templates, which is very valuable.  I'm surprised you consider this
sub-optimal.

I'm not sure what you mean by "no source code".  If you mean that it
shows the module name rather than the filename, I'd hate to go back on
that change.  It made Zope 2.6 tracebacks far more readable!

Shane