[Zope3-dev] Excessive long traceback info in TALES

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:15:11 -0500

    CM> I'd hate to see the "end user vs. developer" paradigm
    CM> indecision form roots in Zope 3, and since we've claimed that
    CM> Zope 3 is for developers, and because end users won't be able
    CM> to make any sense out of the traceback anyway, it should
    CM> probably just log the full traceback (including filenames) and
    CM> never ever output it to the browser.

I'm not sure it's "indecision", but since Zope3 is for developers, and
the security concerns Brian raised aren't an issue for developers,
maybe the full tracebacks should always be displayed in the browser in
Zope3 (with an easy way to turn them off)?

-Barry