[ZODB-Dev] Fwd: [Zope3-dev] directory hierarchy proposal

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:49:30 -0500

At 06:11 PM 12/11/02 -0500, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>>At 02:47 PM 12/11/02 -0500, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>>
>>>It's a papal edict.  (See Jim's comment.)
>>>
>>>http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ZopeLibPackage
>>>
>>Note that the comment states "All direct subpackages of the Zope package
>>should be usable outside of Zope"; it does NOT say "All things usable
>>outside of Zope should be moved under the Zope package", nor does it
>>appear to imply that.
>
>Agreed.  I think (FWIW) we should leave ZODB as a top-level package.

While we're wishing, let's wish for Interface, too.  :)

Are there any other such packages that external developers are using?  I
totally don't mind rearrangement and renaming of things that are already
under the 'Zope' top-level package; it's the things that are outside that
I'm already using.  The only reason I'm okay with 'Persistence' moving
under 'zodb' is that I'm *not* widely using Persistence yet, and it's only
my personal bugfix version of ZODB4 Persistence.  So I already have to deal
with deployment issues for it.