[Zope3-dev] Zope3 LifeCycle Events

THoffman@indtech.wa.gov.au THoffman@indtech.wa.gov.au
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:11:16 +0800

Surely a goal of z3 should be the ability to refresh non core
products, as in the Product Refresh in Z2, I would also go as far
as to suggest that adding a new non core product or it's equivalent
should also not necessitate a restart

Is this not possible ?

At least we should be able to say

Follow the following rules and this product can be refreshable and/or
addable without a server restart.

Thanks

Tim Hoffman

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 09:04, kapil thangavelu wrote:
> On Monday 09 December 2002 08:57 pm, Casey Duncan wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > >   * ZopeRefreshEvent: Is publish when the modules should be reloaded
> > >     This could help to implement some equivalent to Refresh in Z2
> >
> > I would rather focus on making the full restart as fast as possible.
> > Refresh seems like a good idea until you waste a few hours tracking down
> > "bugs" that are side effects of refresh not quite working correctly.
> > Unfortunately I think the flaws in refresh are more limitations in
Python's
> > import machinery then anything.
> >
> > TTW modules may alleviate these problems, I don't know (hands wave in
> > air...)
> >
> > -1 on refresh for me.
>
> -1 on refresh as well, refresh in z2 caused lots of problems when dealing
with
> global vars, which z3 is chock full of (ie all of ca)... seems highly
> problematic to me at this point, without what amounts to a shutdown and
start
> sequence.
>
> +1 on server startup and finish events.
>
> -kapil

DISCLAIMER: This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use
by the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information
and may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose other
than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. In
this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies. Emails and their
attachments may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other
defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. All
attachments are opened at the recipient's risk.