[Zope3-dev] Zope3 LifeCycle Events

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
12 Dec 2002 11:17:08 -0500

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 04:11, THoffman@indtech.wa.gov.au wrote:
> Surely a goal of z3 should be the ability to refresh non core
> products, as in the Product Refresh in Z2, I would also go as far
> as to suggest that adding a new non core product or it's equivalent
> should also not necessitate a restart
>
> Is this not possible ?
>
> At least we should be able to say
>
> Follow the following rules and this product can be refreshable and/or
> addable without a server restart.

-1.  Refresh is great when it works;  when it doesn't, all the benefit
evaporates, because you spend *hours* tracing down idiosyncratic
behaviour due to the breakage.

Between TTW modules and fast restart, refresh is an anti-goal for Z3.

> DISCLAIMER: This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use
> by the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information
> and may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
> contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose other
> than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. In
> this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
> permanently from your system and destroy any copies. Emails and their
> attachments may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other
> defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. All
> attachments are opened at the recipient's risk.

That disclaimer is spurious when attached to mail sent to a public,
archived list.  Please configure your MUA / MTA not to attach it.

Tres.