[Zope3-dev] directory hierarchy proposal

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 07:37:47 -0500

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     >> MF> That's true.  Maybe ZODB shouldn't be included in this
>     >> renaming effort?
>
>     MF> It'd be nice to give zodb related things a common package
>     MF> though so the top namespace doesn't get too polluted.
>
> Given Guido's quasi-pronouncement about Persistence and Transaction, I
> would agree.  I think dropping ZODB related stuff in a t.l.p. called
> "zodb" would be fine (making it "zope.zodb" doesn't add much value
> IMO).

OK, I agree with that.  Now, ZODB must be a *namespace* package, according
to my "namespace" vs "module" package distinction.  I'd even like it to be
possible to have multiple zodb directories on the Python path that get merged to
create a single logical zodb package.

It would be nice if the transaction package could be a tlp.  I think we could
be clode to agreement on this within the persistence sig, although I think that
Phillip, Jeremy and I have some things to hash out wrt transactions.