[Zope3-dev] directory hierarchy proposal

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 09:52:21 -0500

At 07:37 AM 12/14/02 -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
>It would be nice if the transaction package could be a tlp.  I think we could
>be clode to agreement on this within the persistence sig, although I think
>that
>Phillip, Jeremy and I have some things to hash out wrt transactions.

A couple of specific issues:

* Cascading, loosely coupled data managers (I think supporting them is
vital, but the ZODB4 transaction event model doesn't include the necessary
pre-vote "flushing" phase.)

* Nested transactions (Shane convinced me that they're a complete YAGNI for
a Python transaction API, and getting rid of them enormously simplifies
transaction logic.)

But perhaps we should redirect to persistence-sig?  :)