[Zope3-dev] query object proposal

Gary Poster gary@modernsongs.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:25:35 -0500

I've been working on a central place to ask questions of our various
index-like things.  It uses some good ideas from Casey, Shane, and
Steve, although they may be the ones most likely to critique it. :-)

I have a reasonable prototype of most everything proposed, except for
the query optimizer, which is currently a pile of doo in code form. :-)

Please critique and/or improve the design.  If no one dissuades me too
much then I'll incorporate suggestions and then proceed to write it "for
real" with tests and the like.  And then we'd actually write resources
that could actually *answer* the various queries!!  A novel thought.

http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/QueryObjectService

Thanks

Gary