[Zope3-dev] VFS/FTP Server & Publisher Report

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:22:17 -0500

Hi guys,

in order to get the Server and Publisher code ready for the alpha, I am
working on the FTP-server stability (having it work with regular FTP clients
- Konqueror FTP works fine now) and handling file extensions. The latter
seems to be a moster. I managed already getting the right content type added
based on file extensions. Other than Jim suggested in the
NameExtensionProposal, I am using Factories to solve the problem, which saves
me from writing a bunch of code. Here an example:

<factory id=".zpt" title="ZPT Page" permission="Zope.ManageContent" />

I also have already some preliminary display of file extensions working. For
this therewill be a FileExtension Adapter for each content type, which
specifies the preferred extensions and all possible ones. This we can later
switch later between showing an object once per folder or once per possible
file extension.
Mmh, some of you might ask me why not to implement it via Views. This really
would cause a lot of troubles right now with the rest of the VFS code.

Just some random thoughts. I am going to try to finish the stuff tomorrow.
Please feel free to send me comments and ideas about this (please read the
NameExtensionProposal vefore though).

Regards,
Stephan
--