[Zope3-dev] Slow down

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:15:43 -0500

    >> The ZEO connection tests seem to be taking quite a while to
    >> run. I wonder if some of these are more 'functional' than
    >> 'unit' tests.

    GvR> They are functional tests -- but there is no other way that I
    GvR> can think of to test that this code *really* works.

    GvR> To skip the ZEO tests, try doing something like

    GvR>     python test.py -v '!ZEO'

Also remember that until recently the Unix and Windows ZEO tests
worked quite differently, but that caused problems when I wanted to
generalize the ZEO tests to be able to work with different back-end
storages.  Now they share a common code base, which is a good thing.
However the Windows code was much simpler so that's the code base they
share, and I think Tim said the Windows tets were always slower.

-Barry