[Zope3-dev] Slow down

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:54:42 -0500

[Godefroid Chapelle]
> BTW, tests are broken for different win32 platforms. Is win32 a
> target for Z3 alpha, with or without ZEO ?
> --

It's a goal of mine, for Python 2.2.2 and current Python CVS (pre-2.3 alpha)
but I only run Win98SE and Win2K, and MSVC 6.

I just ran the Zope3 tests under Win2K:

    Ran 2787 tests in 411.581s

    OK

This is after Jeremy fixed a shallow bug that was causing 11 pack tests to
fail (trying to rename an open file -- that fails on Windows, but not on
Linux).  Those all work again.

There's also a pile of failed imports at the start, due to that I don't have
Berkeley installed here.  This one is typical:

Error importing BDBStorage.tests.test_autopack
No module named bsddb3
  File "C:\Code\Zope3\lib\python\BDBStorage\BDBFullStorage.py", line 27, in
?
    from bsddb3 import db

Barry is looking into fixing this (via detecting the absence of Berkeley
gracefully).

But that's it.  If you see any failures or errors, whether due to using
Borland or Cygwin or whatever, and I don't, it would be optimistic <wink> to
expect them to get fixed by magic.