[Zope3-dev] Re: Post-Sprint Doc-Team report (fwd)

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:04:04 -0500

At 01:43 AM 12/20/02 +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> > That makes me wish we had settled on a name other than "Zope" for that
> > top level namespace package.  I still think 'ZC' was a decent choice
> <grin>.
>
>There's still a chance to convince people before monday, I imagine:
>
>What about renaming Zope.App to:
>
>zc.zope
>
>Currently the 'Zope' name confuses many people into thinking everything under
>'Zope' is Zope specific. Perhaps we should exploit this obviously insane
>and deluded belief that something named 'Zope' is about 'Zope' and rename
>'App' to 'Zope'. :)

+1.  Zope.App is kind of strange, and a goodly number of what would become
'zc.' packages used to be independently available.  'zc.' as a namespace
package then makes *excellent* sense.