[Zope3-dev] Notations for paths

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 14:37:52 +0000 (UTC)

[stripping Cc, everybody reads zope3-dev]

I wrote:
> As Guido says, having the canonical form for an absolute location be
> u'foo/bar' would be fine with me. It's even more canonical than a tuple
> of names because a name isn't allowed to have a '/' in it (and all other
> Unicode characters, or the empty string, are allowed).

Hmm, I'll take that back. The string representation cannot distinguish
between () (the root) and ('') (traversal to an empty name from the
root). Maybe it's not important but the tuple representation (or an
equivalent "sequence of step") is really the best.

Florent