[Zope3-dev] Notations for paths

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
20 Dec 2002 17:07:24 +0100

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 16:52, Steve Alexander wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
> > I would like to stop using sequences as an alternate canonical
> > representation. I think that this was a mistake on my part in the
> > first place.
> >
> > Does anybody want to try to take this refactoring job on before
> > the alpha?
>
> I can take it on for the ObjectHub package.

Can it be stated here that empty name are a priori legal?
So that we don't have to disambiguate double slashes or final slashes?
A final slash means traverse to an empty name as the last step, a double
slash somewhere means an empty name at that point.

The problem then is that we have no way to represent the location of an
object at the root with an empty name.

Solutions:
 - disallow empty names at the root
 - disallow empty names everywhere