[Zope3-dev] Re: Services interfaces should not include mutators

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:04:51 +0000

>> I suggest that the listSubscriptions method takes the subscriber as an
>> optional argument also, so that you can use it to list all subscriptions.
>
> You think?  I thought about it a while back and couldn't come up with a
> compelling use case, so didn't bother worrying about it.  Do you have any?

If it returns a sequence of subscriptions, you can ask about its length,
and you can show it somehow in the management interface, much as is done
for adapter factories registered with the adapters service.

--
Steve Alexander