[Zope3-dev] Test failures with Berkeley DB

Marius Gedminas mgedmin@codeworks.lt
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:27:19 +0200

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 08:51:59AM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     MG> Are there any requirements on BerkeleyDB (version or anything
>     MG> else)?  If I install python2.2-bsddb3 (version 3.3.0-5) from
>     MG> Debian Woody (libdb3 itself is version 3.2.9-17), I get 126
>     MG> errors in zodb.zeo.tests.
>
> The Zope3 tests /should/ be robust in the face of missing bsddb3
> module.

(They are.)

> libdb 3.2.9 isn't going to be good enough because the
> Berkeley storages require DB->truncate, which only showed up in BDB
> 3.3.11.

Ah.  Is there any chance to detect old libdb versions and skip those
tests as if the module was not present?

Marius Gedminas
--
Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics.
                -- Fletcher Knebel