[Zope3-dev] RE: context proxies

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:15:22 -0500

> Do you think you'll have the new C context wrappers in for the Alpha
> release?

I think Jim wants to just wait until after the alpha (there are enough
things in flux as-is).

FYI for anyone else on the list who may be interested, I updated the
ContextMethod proposal at:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Zope.Contex
tWrapper.ContextMethod

> I just read through the wiki changes. I have one comment -- the rest
> looks really nice.
>

>    proxyHasGetItem(ob) return true if the unwrapped object supports
> __getitem__
>

>    proxyHasSetItem(ob) return true if the unwrapped object supports
> __setitem__
>

> I have trouble parsing proxyHasGetItem and proxyHasSetItem. I keep
> reading them as being about an item the proxy has got or set.
>
> How about proxyHasGetitem and proxyHasSetitem, or hasGetitem and
> hasSetitem instead?

Fine w/me - I'll change them on the wiki. I mostly wanted to make
sure we had a decent first cut of the questions we want to be
able to ask.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com