[Zope3-dev] Linux Test Results - Zope 3 - Not OK :-(

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:32:19 -0500

    GvR> I propose that we add an explicit option to test.py to use
    GvR> the build subtree, rather than trying to guess.  Guessing is
    GvR> too error-prone.

If you give -b to test.py it will use the build subtree, and if you
give -B it will use the in-place tree.  A side effect <wink> of those
options is to build the system either in build or in-place.

I think those are probably good enough -- we can just rip out the
guessing code, which is I think just a few lines in test.py.  It only
guesses if you don't give -b or -B.  Should -b/-B be required?  If
not, then maybe use an inplace build (although that's a kind of a
guess too)?

If you don't get to it before I get in the office, I'll do it in about
1/2 hour.

-Barry