[Zope3-dev] Linux Test Results - Zope 3 - Not OK :-(

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:25:09 -0500

    GvR> When called from the Makefile, the build started by -b/-B is
    GvR> redundant, because the Makefile already has a dependency on a
    GvR> target that does the proper build.  And setup.py takes quite
    GvR> a while before it discovers it has nothing to do.  So I'd
    GvR> rather see a *separate* option to force it to use the build
    GvR> subdirectory, and default to doing it inline.

Ok, but I don't see any reason to require that option if -b/-B is
given.  Why would you ever want to do an in-place build and test in
the build subdir at the same time?

So let's say absent -b/-B, an in-place test is run unless -x (okay,
pick something better ;) is given, in which case a build-dir test is
run.

-Barry