[Zope3-dev] Strange behaviour of python2.2 -U with Zope 3

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 20:00:47 -0500

[Andreas Jung]
> python2.2 utilities/unittestgui.py Zope.Testing.allZopeTests
> start the GUI for the Zope3 unittests. So far so good.
>
> I tried to run all tests with unicode as default string type:
>
>  python2.2 -U utilities/unittestgui.py Zope.Testing.allZopeTests

Andreas, -U has never worked, and isn't expected to work in the foreseeable
future.  By pure coincidence, I barked at Marc-Andre Lemburg about it today
on Python-Dev (i.e., why are we keeping this broken option alive?).  You'll
have to ask MAL if you want to know more; if it were easy to get it to work,
I assume he would have by now (it's been useless since the day it was added,
except perhaps for MAL's development experiments).