[Zope3-dev] Bug: defaultView registry majorly broken

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:19:11 -0600

At 01:19 AM 2/13/2002 -0600, Stephan Richter wrote:
>Hey everyone,
>
>I tried to fix the default view registry tonight, but I finally gave up,
>sinc eI think there is something conceptionally broken. For Folder the
>default view works, because it is a PageTemplateFile. However for Image
>and File nothing works. I found that in Traversers.py default_*** the
>object tries to lookup its default view, but fails since the registry is
>empty. I was then debugging the configuration code and I could not detect
>setDefaultView being called anywhere.

I think I found the bad one:

in Zope/Publisher/Browser/metaConfigure in the method defaultView(), you
register the view twice with provideView, but I think one time
setDefaultView needs to be called. Can someone who knows better look into this?

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter