[Zope3-dev] Plans for z3.py

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:55:58 -0500

Casey Duncan wrote:
> Sounds like a winner to me. Not hard coding all of the switches and behavior
> would be very cool. And, hey extensibility, what a concept.
 >
> Maybe new classes could be registered through zcml for use by z3.py

That sounds like a good idea.  I need to think about it.  You wouldn't
want z3.py to always read the entire Zope configuration, of course,
since you don't need (or want) a complete configuration to start a ZEO
server or truncate a FileStorage.  Maybe there should be a database and
server configuration file independent of the application configuration
files.

Note that another way to extend z3.py would be to derive from it.  For
example there might be a z3ssl.py (for SSL support) that subclasses the
main class in z3.py.

Shane