[Zope3-dev] The Proposed Catalog Sprint Agenda is available

Gary Poster Gary Poster" <garyposter@earthlink.net
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:11:38 -0500

Right.

I have some more planning work on ObjectHub that I've been doing on paper in
my spare time.  I've been busy and distracted and I wanted to experiment
with the new ideas some more before putting it up, but it seems the time is
upon me to act.

If anyone is interested I'll have the new stuff up by late tonight sometime:
I'll post something on this list.  I won't remove what's there now either,
in case some of my new ideas are frowned upon.

Motivations behind new design ideas:
1) an event channel is basically a special kind of relationship, and again
requires reliable object references: therefore, this tool should probably
have something to do with actually disseminating events too.  Of course, I
see now in the Catalog Sprint description that some work on an event channel
has already been done...I'll go ahead and put my thoughts up in case they
might still be of some value.
2) it would be nice if we could get relationship and index data from
different black box data jars (so RDBMS could be used and all kinds of other
interesting possibilities)

These two motivations led me to a further-hashed-out design which departs a
bit from what I wrote before.  Perhaps I'm too late already, and perhaps my
new ideas are half-baked (since I wasn't really ready to pull them out of
the oven) but I will have the new ideas up tonight, and will not delete what
is already there in case my new variation is not what folks want.

Gary