[Zope3-dev] Re: The Proposed Catalog Sprint Agenda is available

Gary Poster Gary Poster" <garyposter@earthlink.net
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:04:36 -0500

Another thought, in reply to Casey:

>   * ObjectReference, Some reasonable way to point at
> an object and say "that's the one", should plug into
> the EventChannel to stay up to date.
>
>   * AttributeCache, which performs the function of
> current catalog "Metadata". I think Metadata is a bit
> of a misnomer in this context, so I would like to see
> it disappear. Also plugs into EventChannel.

I would argue that these should in fact be the same component.  given an
RUID, the path is in fact one of the cached attributes, both logically, in
that the path is an attribute, and practically, in terms of how the tool
would often be used.

I missed your Metadata vs. AttributeCache thought: I see what you mean.  If
I'm still using "metadata" somewhere I'll try to change the reference.