[Zope3-dev] A generic Decorator class

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 11:27:54 -0500

Hi Steve,

	Just to make sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish. A
Decorator is a sort of centralized collection of objects (both the
original content object, and a set of adaptors) that can provide related
attributes for a single content object? So, your view could keep such a
collection "manually", but it could be such a common requirement that
it's easier to create a generic class "Decorator" that handles the
details of looking up adaptors and actually fetching attributes. Have I
got that right?

thanks,
-steve