[Zope3-dev] A generic Decorator class

Gary Poster Gary Poster" <garyposter@earthlink.net
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 16:25:56 -0500

From: "Steve Alexander" <steve@cat-box.net>
> Please do go through the Python Programmer Tutorial that is in CVS. Run
> Zope3, stick a few contacts in a folder, view them and edit them.

Thanks, I will.  I read through the original tutorial thoroughly when it
first came out but have not actually coded with any of it (my usual
development is on Windows; I tried to put Zope3 through cygwin recently on a
faint hope but failed; I'll pull up linux and try Zope 3 on it later today
maybe).  Thank you for taking the time to answer a question from someone who
hasn't done their full homework yet, and for writing a "next step" in the
tutorial series.

<snip>
> Even if I implemented Decorator using the acquisition libraries, I'd
> still want to have a class called Decorator hiding the implementation.
<snip>

I see where you're going.  And I'll hold off on any more kibitzing on this
until I've gotten Zope 3 up somewhere to play with, and worked through the
tutorial and your next step.

Thanks again
Gary