[Zope3-dev] Chapter 1 Step 6 now available

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:30:29 +0100

Steve Alexander wrote:
[snip]
> That very accurately describes what my Decorator class does. The
> interface it declares, via __implements__, is exactly the same as the
> component it is decorating. However, it adds certain operations that
> views can use *if* they know about them.

Isn't that scary? I mean, if I understand it well, a decorated object
supplies extra interfaces, but there's no way to find out by
checking __implements__ or using the introspection tools of the
interfaces package, right? You just have to 'know' about this, and
that could be troublesome -- it's why we want interfaces in the first
place.

Or am I missing something?

Regards,

Martijn