[Zope3-dev] Application accessibility (was: Re: Opera url parameter troubles)

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:57:49 -0500

> - etc (notional) bag for other things that don't fit in other
>   namespaces. This currently only includes service managers.
>   Later it might include a control panel on the root folder.

This jogged something I've been meaning to bring up (but I'm
not sure where it should be captured).

We've talked before about resolving a problematic aspect of
Z2 - that if something goes wrong and your "root folder" can't
be loaded you are screwed (can't access control panel or any
other "application" interfaces that don't really depend
necessarily on persistent state). It would be good if we could
rectify this in Z3. At a minimum I think it should be possible
to go to the (son-of) control panel and shutdown or view
basic system info, even if the storage (or some object in the
root folder) is hosed.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
Software Engineer  540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com