[Zope3-dev] Re: Providing flexible adapters

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:42:22 -0500

At 04:06 PM 2/26/02 +0000, Steve Alexander wrote:
>Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>>
>>Then maybe there should be an IReferenceable adapter that adapts
>>anything, by looking up a placeful utility.
>
>Surely an IReference adapter would be more useful?

This would then require the use of the ZCA, and I'd like this to be usable
outside ZCA.  Having IReferenceable means that objects can supply their own
reference, without *being* their own reference, or supplying an extraneous
(to them) adapter.  Objects which did this would be usable in applications
with or without the ZCA.  Apps using ZCA look up an adapter (which just
returns the original object), non-ZCA apps just expect an IReferenceable to
start with.