[Zope3-dev] Managing via Component Interfaces TTW

Gary Poster Gary Poster" <garyposter@earthlink.net
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:36:42 -0500

From: "Shane Hathaway" <shane@zope.com>
> I've been thinking we'll probably use "label interfaces".  Label
> interfaces are like marker interfaces with the distinction that they are
> identifiable by a simple string name.
> <snip>

...great...

...but I don't think I understand.  From the description, it sounds
basically like a sequence of strings defined *separately* from the actual
__implements__ declaration--or at least, somehow separate from the real
working interfaces that we already care about.  That's not it, is it?  The
ideal solution would allow direct querying of the real interfaces through
the web, I would think.  Not that that is easy: that was the point of my
question.  Does the "label interfaces" solution also include the possibility
of labeling actual interfaces somehow?  Of course, with labels and such we
get into single-namespace issues that I think are part of ZC's collective
dislike of metatypes now.

Gary