[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 learning curve?

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:11:20 -0600

At 04:53 PM 1/22/2002 +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
>Stephan Richter wrote:
> >
> > PS: I know Zope3's new concepts are hard to understand and the learning
> > curve has a slope of close to infinity at the beginning. But after you got
> > over the top, it goes only downhill. :-)
>
>Is this really true? I was under the impression that one of the aims of Zope 3
>was to make the learning curve easier?

Well, the concepts are much easier. That is certainly correct.

So, let's say you want to implement a new DA. This will be very easy, since
you simply have to write an implementation of IRDBConnection for example
and register it. This process will be by multiples easier than Zope2.

BUT, to develop the service called IRDBConnections and all the stuff around
for Zope 3 in the first place requires a fairly sophisticated understanding
of the system itself.

Conclusion: Once Zope3 is done things will be easy. But since Zope3 will be
mostly implemented by the community, there is a need for people to write
Zope3 in the first place. And that will require some dedication. :-)

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter