[Zope3-dev] Zope3's ZODB

Lalo Martins lalo@laranja.org
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:32:22 -0200

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 01:08:45PM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> Lalo Martins wrote:
> >
> > - I'd love to use it as an excuse to debug the new ZODB.
>
> Jim might correct me, btu I don't think there is a 'new ZODB' for Zope 3.
>
> There is a ZODB4 in the pipes, IIRC, but that's something different...

Why, of course there is :-)

Zope3's ZODB (which may be ZODB4, I don't know):

- makes heavy use of Interfaces

- separates the Persistence and Transaction frameworks

- doesn't use ExtensionClass, but rather depends on Python 2.2

this is a quick summary of a post Jim made to zodb-dev in
December.

Check out the CVS. These three features are easily spotted by
the file names and locations, you don't even need to look at the
sources.

My question was more to the tone of "how much of this is already
usable outside Zope3", specially considering Zope3 isn't usable
yet...

[]s,
                                               +----
--
  It doesn't bother me that people say things like
   "you'll never get anywhere with this attitude".

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)      ---       http://www.BroDar.org/