[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 learning curve?

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:39:29 -0500

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 05:31 pm, Lennart Regebro allegedly wrote:
[snipples]

> So I don't think todays problem is that everythings intertwined. The
> problem is that reading the docs and knowing the API is never enough. I
> always seem to end up having to understand what goes on inside.
>
> At least, thats my experience.

I think that hits the nail on the head. There's just a lot of magic in there
that is not obvious from the interfaces. We need to make sure that the
interfaces and documentation are sufficient for building the vast majority of
applications. You should not have to "grok the source" just to get the thing
to behave.

Presently, if Zope were not open-source, it would be nearly useless to me.
That said, most closed source tools already are...

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org