[Zope3-dev] DISCUSS: Zope3 and Zope2's version object

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 07:49:30 -0500

Zope2 has an object called "Version" that promises a tantalizing vision
of paradise on earth.  Then you use it and find that it falls, erm,
short of that goal. :^)

It seems possible that some of the work on the versioning proposal,
currently at number one on the Wiki Top 40, will be available for Zope2
before Zope3 comes out:

   http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZopeVersionControl

With that in mind, should we consider the current Version object to be
something that will *not* make it into Zope3?  I'm against it going in
with the drawbacks that it currently has.

--Paul